What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton

What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton



 4.31  ·  Rating details ·  10281 Ratings  · 776  Reviews
What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton download or read it online for free here
What Happened
by Hillary Rodham Clinton
“In the past, for reasons I try to explain, I’ve often felt I had to be careful in public, like I was up on a wire without a net. Now I’m letting my guard down.” —Hillary Rodham Clinton, from the introduction of What Happened

For the first time, Hillary Rodham Clinton reveals what she was thinking and feeling during one of the most controversial and unpredictable presidential elections in history. Now free from the constraints of running, Hillary takes you inside the intense personal experience of becoming the first woman nominated for president by a major party in an election marked by rage, sexism, exhilarating highs and infuriating lows, stranger-than-fiction twists, Russian interference, and an opponent who broke all the rules. This is her most personal memoir yet.

In these pages, she describes what it was like to run against Donald Trump, the mistakes she made, how she has coped with a shocking and devastating loss, and how she found the strength to pick herself back up afterward. With humor and candor, she tells readers what it took to get back on her feet—the rituals, relationships, and reading that got her through, and what the experience has taught her about life. She speaks about the challenges of being a strong woman in the public eye, the criticism over her voice, age, and appearance, and the double standard confronting women in politics.

She lays out how the 2016 election was marked by an unprecedented assault on our democracy by a foreign adversary. By analyzing the evidence and connecting the dots, Hillary shows just how dangerous the forces are that shaped the outcome, and why Americans need to understand them to protect our values and our democracy in the future.

The election of 2016 was unprecedented and historic. What Happened is the story of that campaign and its aftermath—both a deeply intimate account and a cautionary tale for the nation.





Reviews


  • Thank you Hillary Rodham Clinton, history will be kind to you and we the majority of knows the truth. Highly recommended, and I at 67 years young my grandchildren will know I voted for you, and believed in our values to keep our children world safe from dictatorships, and pollution of propaganda. Have my hard copy, and audio version. HRC your mother, father, daughter, brothers, husband, are so fortunate to be in her company. Your grandchildren, will do great things for others no doubt.

  • Candid, reflective, funny. I assume writing it wasn't easy, but oh boy, what an absolute joy to read! The chapter about Women in Politics should be read by every woman out there.

  • I have just finished reading. I purchased both Audiobook and hardcover. Audiobook is read entirely by Hillary and it was really great.

I attended many political events including Trump and Sanders during the 2016 presidential election, and I wrote many articles about it for several Japanese media including Newsweek Japan. What Hillary wrote in WHAT HAPPENED was exactly what I saw and reported. I thought many American media was very unfair to her (and also to Kasich, but in a different way) and wrote about it. However, I was attacked viciously by not only Trump supporters but also from left leaning activists. By reading Hillary's memoire, these bad memories came back in full force.

I know many people who says "I just don't like Hillary" for no particular reason. I hope they will read this memoir without any prejudice as I listened to many GOP candidates without prejudice. I found Kasich likable and capable even though I didn't agree with some of his positions. I would've been so depressed if Kasich was the President instead of Trump.

  • I've been really depressed since November and I have not watched TV since that fateful night. But, I can't just be that way. As Hillary says in the end of the book, There was only one answer: "Keep going."

I just started the Sisterhood Chapter. I am gripped and cannot put this book down. It's bold, it's raw, and it's riveting.

Guess what else? I'm not the only one who has a thing for Goldfish Crackers!

Don't be scared of the book. You won't be re-living the election. Rather, you will be finding out for the first time what HRC was really thinking at certain times during the campaign.

This book is EPIC and will go down in history as What Happened in 2016.



  • At first I felt all the negative reviews of this book was just right right-wing hate speech. I'm over half way through the book and it is almost laughable to the point that part of me thinks it's satire. 
Hillary Clinton is either a marketing genius who knows that people will buy this book just to get angry or (more likely) she is a completely oblivious person to reality and to how the average American perceives her. I don't like Bernie Sanders but after everything he had to endure with the DNC email scandal for Hillary to attack him and have the attuide that he should genuflect at the Clinton alter is just offensive. Her attacks on the press in this book are out of line as well. No rational person who followed this election can honestly say with a straight face that the mainstream media wasn't clearly pulling for her. Respect is earned not given, until Hillary Clinton learns that lesson she will never be a leader, at least not a effective one.


  • Try again.
I put a review on this site yesterday. It was a negative review, not nasty, but negative, and I bought the book from Amazon-----it was deleted.

This is a very poorly written book and nothing but a Trump bashing. She lost and needs to come to grips with that. Writing negative books and Amazon deleting negative reviews is not going to get her elected. The whole concept of democracy is evidently lost on Hillary and Amazon-I ran therefore I should win is not how it works. Simply because her last name is Clinton does not give her the right to be president. A lot of people have lost presidential races, you don't see anyone whining in books about it. In this book she has shown she is not mature enough to be president.

No comments:

Post a Comment