Assassins Creed The Complete Collection by Oliver Bowden

Assassins Creed The Complete Collection by Oliver Bowden


4.44  ·  Rating details ·  289,882 Ratings  ·  20,843 Reviews
Assassin's Creed Book Collection 3 Books Bundle Gift Wrapped Box Set Specially for you includes Titles in this Collection :- The Secret Crusade, Brotherhood, Renaissance.
Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade is the thrilling novelisation by Oliver Bowden based on the game series.Niccolò Polo, father of Marco, will finally reveal the story he has kept secret all his life - the story of Altaïr, one of the brotherhood's most extraordinary Assassins.Altaïr embarks on a formidable mission - one that takes him throughout the Holy Land and shows him the true meaning of the Assassin's Creed. To demonstrate his commitment, Altaïr must defeat nine deadly enemies, including Templar leader, Robert de Sable.
Assassins Creed The Complete Collection by Oliver Bowden download or read it online for free here
Assassins Creed The Complete Collection by Oliver Bowden

Box Set Collection Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 'I will journey to the black heart of a corrupt Empire to root out my foes. But Rome wasn't built in a day and it won't be restored by a lone assassin. I am Ezio Auditore da Firenze. This is my brotherhood.'Rome, once mighty, lies in ruins. The city swarms with suffering and degradation, her citizens living in the shadow of the ruthless Borgia family. Only one man can free the people from the Borgia tyranny - Ezio Auditore, the Master Assassin. Assassin's Creed: Renaissance 'I will seek Vengeance upon those who betrayed my family. I am Ezio Auditore di Firenze. I am an Assassin...' The Year of Our Lord 1476 - the Renaissance: culture and art flourish alongside the bloodiest corruption and violence. Bitter blood-feuds rage between the warring political families of Italy. Please note these are normal standard books supplied by publishers which are then gift wraped in a generic slipcase specially for you to create your very own special gift box set ideal for Christmas, Birthday and any other special occasion.
Betrayed by the ruling families of Italy, a young man embarks upon an epic quest for vengeance. To eradicate corruption and restore his family's honour, he will learn the art of the assassins. To his allies, Ezio will become a force for change, fighting for freedom and justice. To his enemies, he will become a threat.
 I will journey to the black heart of a corrupt empire to root out my foes. But Rome wasn't built in a day and it won't be restored by a lone assassin. I am Ezio Auditore da Firenze. This is my Brotherhood...

Rome, once mighty, lies in ruins. The city swarms with suffering and degradation, her citizens living in the shadow of the ruthless Borgia family. Only one man can free the people from the Borgia tyranny- Ezio Auditore, the Master Assassin.

Ezio's quest will test him to his limits. Cesare Borgia, a man more villainous and dangerous than his father, the Pope, will not rest until he has conquered Italy. And in such treacherous times, conspiracy is everywhere, even within the ranks of the Brotherhood itself...

NICCOLO POLO, FATHER OF MARCO, WILL FINALLY REVEAL THE STORY HE HAS KEPT SECRET ALL HIS LIFE - THE STORY OF ALTAIR, ONE OF THE BROTHERHOOD'S MOST EXTRAORDINARY ASSASSINS.

Altair embarks on a formidable mission - one that takes him throughout the Holy Land and shows him the true meaning of the Assassin's Creed. To demonstrate his commitment, Altair must defeat nine deadly enemies, including Templar leader, Robert de Sable.

Altair's life story is told here for the first time: a journey that will change the course of history; his ongoing battle with the Templar conspiracy; a family life that is as tragic as it is shocking; and the ultimate betrayal of an old friend.



Reviews


I was genuinely surprised by how much I liked this book. I bought it mostly because I am somewhat obsessed with the game, and I wanted more Ezio, now please! I expected that at best it would be bearable to read because I don't tend to think too highly of novelizations of either movies or video games. But this was really good and fun.

Most of the story in the book is in the game as well, so the plot wasn't particularly surprising. But there were a few additional details - like, say, Leonardo's homosexuality, which wasn't even alluded to in the game (or if it was, I missed it) - that were fun to read about. Overall it's solidly written, and I have to say that considering the amount of both climbing and fight scenes he had to cover, the author did a really good job with this, and apparently had fun with it too (the Machiavelli jokes are a bit silly, but *I* loved them!).

I can imagine parts of the story are a bit harder to follow for people who haven't played the game, and I wish the book had covered the parts involving the present tense as well, but as it is I really enjoyed it. Especially because Ezio spends a ridiculous amount of time thinking about Leonardo ;)
***********************************************************************************
I first heard about Assassin's Creed from my brother in-law. He loves the games, was constantly commenting how Ezio was badass, how his moves and kills were impressive, and how the graphics were fantastic. When the novel came out, I spent months craving it, only now having the courage to buy, and finally, read it.

Oliver Bowden transports us to Italy, 1472, where a young man is about the learn the power and secrets of his family. After a brutal attack and betrayal, Ezio takes the name Auditore to a whole new level, seeking vengeance from those who took blood from the ones he loved. Ezio becomes an Assassin, as lethal and skillful as one can possibly get.

When I start reading a book in which the main character is an assassin, I immediately wonder if he's evil. I bet almost everyone cringed upon the words "I am an Assassin..." that's written in the back of Assassin's Creed. I know I did. So you can only guess how satisfied I was when I found out Ezio's not evil at all. He's what I would call fierce, in every single way. He loves his family and would do anything for them. At the same time, he kills without a drop of mercy, but only when he has to. I loved that. He's the kind of guy that I would be proud of, if I were his sister.

That said, I enjoyed his relationship - if multiple, and brief, encounters over the years can be called a relationship - with Cristina. I didn't expect him to be in love, and I certainly didn't expect for him to be so caring and ... cute... with Cristina. His love life was very, very different from the game, and by that, I was disappointed. But really, since I never played Assassin's Creed, my disappointment was short-lived.

To say Renaissance was a fast-paced book would be the understatement of the year. Ezio's 17 (if I'm not mistaken) when his story as an Assassin begins. At the end of the book, he's 44 years old. No, I didn't type that wrong. He's 44 years old. This means basically half of Ezio's life is described in 500 pages. I both love and hate that. I understand that the author wanted to show us what it means to be an Assassin. It's tiring and bloody. Ezio would spend years trying to find a guy, and months figuring out how to kill him. It makes the Order of the Assassins look way tougher than it sounds.

However - and that's the negative part of my review - it leaves no space whatsoever for character development. Sure, Ezio is more mature on the last chapters than he was on the first ones, but still, to write someone else's whole life, you have to describe their experiences, how they changed over each blow that life had landed upon them... and none of this happened with Ezio. It was so fast paced I was confused sometimes. The narrator would say that Ezio spent a long time searching for someone. I thought this "long time" would be weeks, months, or even a couple of years. And then I found out this "long time" was actually 8 years. How can you describe what happened to someone as special and broken as Ezio in 8 years with less than 3 pages? If the author keeps this pace up, how old will Ezio be on the third book? 89 years old?

Now, the ending itself. I liked it, but it was definitely not what I had expected. Really, it blew me away. I never thought Ezio's mission would be so important. I won't give anything away, but if I was playing the game, I'd have to pause to just absorb the ending for a moment. Just... what the hell?

Assassin's Creed is an excellent book for those who played, and enjoyed, the games. If you never played it - like me - you can read it anyway. It's a good way of learning Ezio Auditore's story, and reading an action-packed book.
***********************************************************************************
Even though I played the game, I found this book most entertaining. I have noticed that a lot of people have read The Secret Crusade as their first book. 
Which is totally understandable due to the fact that Altair was the first assassin in the game series. However The Secret Crusade is actually the third book in the series (still a bit shocked as you are)but I think I understand why Bowden did this. In the game Revelations, you go back learning about altiar's life, which is key of the game. What i think he wanted to do was make us read The Secret Crusade (after Assassins Creed Brotherhood), before Revelations so it wouldn't confuse the reader. Reading Altair's story first was a bit confusing so I put it off. After finally reading Renaissance, which ezio learns a bit of altair and gets his amor (don't rave, i have read brotherhood as well), it sort of makes sense to learn about Altair in the third book, since he is key in the 4th book.
Sorry fellow reviews I needed to get that off my chest, because a lot of people seemed confused in the comments.
Renaissance goes well with the video game in my opinion, so I give a 5 out of 5. Please don't rant because I didn't get "every detail" in the game to make me not like this book like the other people out there today. However Bowden does a good job so I'll continue to read his series. BOOK FANTASTIC
***********************************************************************************
A book that far exceeds the games plot and story. It goes more in to detail and simply floods your mind with great thoughts. 
Its one of those books where they don't get to the point very quickly and you have to be patient with it. Do not skip pages, or even chapters if you find it boring. And unless you play the game, or have read the first book, It might not be that easy to understand like the powers of the apple and how it plays in the story. But everything else in the story is pretty easy to catch on. A simple villain and hero story, but that's how its supposed to be.If it was complex, like one of those sagas where you have to read the first one, then I would not have enjoyed this book as much as I did, because I did not read the first one. But I pretty much got the idea. This book is perfect for any assassin's creed fan, or for readers who just want a wild ride, because that is simply what this book is. Now,I must go, for I am on my way to barnes and nobles to buy the first book,so I fully enjoy the second one.
***********************************************************************************
I have one word for everyone, and that's "Awesome". 
The book is so much better than the game. In the game they only showed the basic idea of what the book is, but the book it shows us what we missed out in the game. I guess being a gamer might have its disadvantages, but if you already know the story from the game then there are no surprises left for you. No matter which assassins creed it is, it always leaves you in the end saying " What the @#$% happened?). Oliver Bowden has done a amazing job of putting a game into a book, maybe there might be a movie about this series as well. Just a bit shorter though.
***********************************************************************************
Do you want to know to story of a master assassin?

This book is about the story of a master Assassin- Ezio Auditore. The novel is based on one of the most famous game, Assassins creed, more specifically, AC brotherhood. If you played the game before, you're going to understand the story a bit deeper. Because the books story simply tells more than the game itself. If you didn't play the game before, it's your best chance to understand Assassin's creed. But you won't understand a lot of things, so I still recommend you to read the previous books, since you have a lot of catching up to do. Both the story and it's characters are well written. The story starts with Ezio's successful assassination of a evil pope, and lots of problems came after it...

One thing I really like about this book, is how it keeps the original story just like in the game but simply tells more. And the events always keep you engaged, just like how the game keeps you engaged. However, the book also narrates all the violence and killing in great detail. I like it personally, but for people who dislike violence and blood, it's going to be a hard time reading the book. The author describes almost every kill in detail. And those words are so strong it actually forms a image in my mind. Again, it is in great detail.

I will recommend this book to all AC fans, game fans, or readers that likes action/adventure book. But I strong suggest people who can't take the blood and violence not to read the book, because there is a lot of killing and fighting scenes in the book.
***********************************************************************************
I love this game, I love this story, I love this book. I've been a fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise since playing the first game.

This is the third Assassin's Creed novel by Oliver Bowden but chronologically, timeline and game release wise, it comes first. Readers are not disadvantaged at all if they have not read the first two novels.

This novel is extremely faithful to the source material, it is clear Bowden worked closely with Ubisoft Montreal as most of the dialog is word perfect when compared to the game script, events and assassinations also play out almost exactly the same (albeit probably more skilled and professional than some of us gamers did it back in the day).

The story for those unfamiliar follows Altaïr ibn La-Ahad, an Assassin from Masyaf who is stripped of his `Master Assassin' rank very early in the story due to his arrogant attitude and lack of respect for the assassin way of life - the Assassin's Creed. He is offered a chance of redemption by his master, the assassin leader Al Mualim, the agreement: Altaïr's rank and status restored in return for the lives of nine corrupt men.

What starts as a righteous vengeance mission, quickly unfolds into a deeper, darker conspiracy that leads Altaïr to question his own way of life, his skills, and his beliefs. The story is quick paced and effectively told, the chapters are short but have the right structure; Altaïr will often track a target over one chapter, assassinate them in the next, and escape in the third.

As with the previous Assassin's Creed Novels by Bowden, it does add some extra details into the tale. Primarily it adds a sub story that covers Altaïr's childhood and upbringing, these additions are very welcome and really help to develop Altaïr and gain a better understanding of his character. More importantly, this novel also covers events after the "main story". Specifically, Altaïr's voyage to Cyprus that was the present in the Bloodlines PSP game, as well as his later family life that was touched upon within the Codex pieces of Assassin's Creed 2 - These additions make up the latter half of the book and detail the closing years of Altaïr's life subtly setting up the Revelations story arc.

Simply put, this novel is very faithful to the source material. It is the most complete and in depth account of the life of Altaïr. I would recommend this book to any fan of the franchise and it is certainly a great way to recap (and expand) upon the life and times of Altaïr ibn La-Ahad in preparation for Assassin's Creed Revelations. I can't wait to read next Assassin's Creed novel by Oliver Bowden.
***********************************************************************************
No words can describe my feelings for this book. Mainly because it is Assassin's Creed for goodness sake. I love the game so much. And I really, honestly, doubt on reading it due to recent reviews on this book which I still don't understand. This book is good. The story is amazing. Altair is amazing. He is such a good role model.

I have to admit that, yes, it was followed exactly from the video game. And partly that's what makes it so nice too. Because I fangirl a lot to the video game and I like to you know, read everything back; the stories, the dialogues, the feelings. And I thought the story will end like in Assassin's Creed one but it did not. It continued and I was so surprise because I didn't expect more. I didn't know the rest of Altair's tales so reading it was a thrilling and excited experience for me.

There are so many lessons that can be learnt from the assassin's creed. That's why I really love it. It's not just a game. It's more than that. So, the book was really worth it to me, I can't stop reading it though I never want to finish the book. I want to be in the assassin's world for as long as it takes but that is unacceptable. I want to listen and understand Altair. He is so smart and wise. Never will I meet such a person like him.

Rambling. Gosh. wat am i doin. these feelings I can't help.
***********************************************************************************
I recently read Assassin’s Creed: The last Crusade by Oliver Bowden, Its about a this group of Assassin’s and Altair one of their top assassin’s fails to follow orders and gets the title of master taking away from him in front of clan. Throughout the story Altair has to prove him worthy of being named master assassin once more.

The setting takes place in 11th century Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus. The assassin’s had a fortress in Masyaf where they lived and trained to be great assassin’s. The characters you will get to meet are Al Mualim (Altair’s mentor) and Abbas (Fellow assassin and good friend of Altair)and much more other characters.

One of the main conflicts in the story is that their is a constant fight between the assassins’ and the templars. Altair is then sent by al Mualim to assassinate specific leaders that are corrupted so that he can show Al Muanlim that he is worthy once more. Throughout the story Altair has this inner conflict with himself about how he thinks he's better then everybody when others say he’s not. The conflict is resolved when he starts to change make himself feel equal with the rest of the group while then knowing that his mentor Al Mualim was the who was corrupted.

In my opinion this book was great because I like reading books that take place in the 11th century and 15th century. Also its good because it shows how Altair started from the bottom and made it to the top, even he was at the top before. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a story with a good plot and setting.
Source: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10048834-assassin-s-creed, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7205214-assassin-s-creed, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8909631-assassin-s-creed

No comments:

Post a Comment