Hidden Depths by Aubrianna Hunter

Hidden Depths by Aubrianna Hunter


3.83  ·  Rating details ·  2,151 Ratings  ·  220 Reviews
Hidden Depths by Aubrianna Hunter
She is pierced, dyed and tattooed, born on the wrong side of the tracks. He is a traditional white knight born of the proverbial silver spoon. Their meeting was an accident, the fact that they became even the most tentative of friends, an anomaly. The only real thing they had in common... chemistry. Lots of chemistry. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough and Gia knew it. Now, if only she could convince her body...

Josh had always walked the line, lived the life he was expected to live. He had, by all accounts, the perfect life; a corporate lawyer, a beautiful home, a family empire to run, and the perfect fiancee. He was well on his way. The only question he had... was that really where he wanted to go? Plagued by dreams, Josh fought all his natural instincts, denying not only what he truly wanted but who he was deep down inside. Until one crazy night when he gave in to his desires...

Could these two polar opposites have more in common than even they realize?

This is a Erotic Romance, definitely 18+



Reviews


Story Rating-4 Stars
Character Rating-4 Stars
Romance Rating-4 Stars
Heat Level-4.5 Stars
Overall Rating-4 Stars

I really enjoyed this book, what a great read!

I really liked the characters in this book. It was refreshing to read about the heroine, Gia, being the tattooed and pierced one, instead of it being the hero as we usually get in our romance books. She was very colorful and stayed true to herself throughout the book. The hero, Josh, was a great character too. I loved how he was trying so hard to let loose and be his own person. There were also some fun and interesting secondary characters that brought humor to the story. I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times at the things that they said.

The storyline was perfect for me, but won’t be for everyone. There are things that happened over the course of this book that might bother other readers, but I was fine with it. The first being Josh was engaged to another woman and he just could not keep his attraction for Gia at bay. This did not bother me one bit, some may call it cheating and hate that, but I didn’t see it that way. Josh did kiss and fool around with Gia once before he broke off his engagement, but they went no further than that. Another thing that may bother readers was the fact that Gia kept denying her true feelings for Josh and this did go on right up until the ending. I felt she had a good enough reason to feel the way she did, so I did not find it to be a problem.

However, one thing that did bother me was when Josh broke off his engagement with his fiancĂ©e Deb; they both were completely okay with it, no big deal. There was no drama, no hard feelings, everything was fine, and we can and still are great friends. I was like…WTF! No emotions from either of them and they had been together for many years. Now, I would have been fine with that if maybe we had found out that Deb was secretly having feelings for another person too, if there had been a reason, explaining why it was so easy for Deb to give up on Josh, this book may have been a 4.5 or even a 5 star rating depending on what or why Deb was so okay with the breakup. All I can think of is maybe the author has plans to write Deb's book next and then we will find out exactly why the breakup didn’t affect her like I thought it should. If that's the case, I will surely be reading it!

Now I want to tell you about the heat level…this book was SCORCHING HOT!! Even in the beginning when they were just fooling around the scenes were off the charts HOT!!! As the story moved on and the sex/love scenes started up, they only got HOTTER with each encounter. There was a bit of BDSM in this book and it was done very tastefully, and although I normally don’t like reading about that in my books, it did not bother me here. The author definitely knows how to write spectacular erotic love scenes.

The ending was EXCELLENT, and I got the epilogue that I love so much, tying everything up perfectly, and leaving me with a smile and a sigh.

I truly enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more from this author in the future.
***********************************************************************************
This was suggested to me from a friend, and I'm entirely glad I read it! I was skeptical at first, because I don't normally enjoy reading about a break up of an engagement when the guy is in love with someone else. In this one, however, that was never an issue for me. 
Josh was trying to please everyone but himself and denying who he really was inside at the expense of his own happiness. Gia has never allowed herself to get close enough for someone to break her heart, but she knows deep inside that Josh is the one guy who can break down her walls enough to hurt her. She places all these rules and guidelines in hope of keeping her distance, but that proves to be pretty futile. The scenes between these two are just...scorching hot! Seriously, I thought my e-reader was going to spontaneously combust by the steaminess of this book. These two have an undeniable amount of chemistry! Only thing I would have liked to see more of, was to hear more of their witty banter between them. I just really enjoyed the parts we got to hear, so more would have been nice. As a whole though, this book rocked and I'm really glad I read it. :)
***********************************************************************************
Cold shower time for me after reading this book and writing a review!! This book is HOT from beginning to end, oh and there is actually a good story in there too.

It was a nice change to have a tatted up bad girl instead of the bad boy. Although Gia owns a tattoo shop and doesn't dress the "norm", she isn't necessarily a bad girl. She has a group of six friends she has known since college, about 10 years which includes Josh and his fiance Deb.

Josh is the rich, pretty boy with his life mapped out for him. His soon to be boring wife, house and kids are all part of his family's master plan, but Josh doesn't feel he fits into that plan. He wants Gia, something different. Josh and Gia are friends and he wants to be more, but will it cost him everything?

I am trying to write this without spoilers, so if you are looking for a good story and some hot sex scenes-this is your book.
***********************************************************************************
This was surprisingly good, but then I'm becoming jaded. If it's a new-to-me author (especially if it's self-published), I go into it expecting mediocre, so if it's a good story and not riddled with grammar and other issues, I'm a happy girl. And I'm a happy girl with this one.

First, word of warning... this book starts out with a bit of cheating. Josh is engaged to a girl he thinks his parents approve of. There's no real passion between them, and he's really just following a path he thinks his parents have laid out for him. But he's attracted to Gia (has been for years), who on the surface seems so wrong for him. Upon getting a tattoo from her, Josh and Gia kiss, and immediately call it a mistake. When Josh can't get the kiss out of his head, his best friend suggests that maybe he should do it again... to either make sure it was a mistake so he can put it behind him, or realize there could really be something there and avoid entering a marriage that is doomed. So he does, and it's massive sparks. So Josh calls off the engagement and tries really hard to make something real with Gia.

But Gia has a rough history and she doesn't think she's good enough for Josh. There's not really any amount of talking that could make her think things could really work with Josh, considering the ritzy world he lives in and her preconceived notions about what he wants long term. Gia didn't give Josh nearly enough credit, and I felt really bad for Josh, thinking he's more or less Gia's "dirty little secret". He wanted to shout it from the rooftops, but she wanted to keep things quiet, even among their close friends. (And, by the way, their friends aren't stupid.)

So it finally ended with an HEA, but it took a bit to get there. Lots of sexy times... Josh had been a closeted dominant... he'd tried to keep those tendencies under wraps, but Gia just brought it to the forefront when they were together. And Gia loved to submit to Josh. It was pretty steamy! But I was glad to see them work everything out.
***********************************************************************************
They say opposites attract. 
That is definitely the case with Josh and Gia. Both main characters were great. Josh had it all – great job, beautiful home, and a wonderful fiance – he was living the dream. The only problem is that it was someone else's dream. He fantasized about letting loose and being free until he could not hide it anymore. Gia…well I loved Gia. She is not afraid to speak her mind and does not care what others think of her. She has a bit of a wild side and knows how to have fun. I love that the female is the wild one in this story; usually we are reading about pierced and tattooed guys, so Gia was a fun change.

The chemistry between Josh and Gia is sweltering. From the very first page the scenes between the two of them, even if they are just talking and flirting, are steamy hot. I also loved the emotion brought out through the story. I am glad I had the opportunity to read this book!
***********************************************************************************
This was an incredibly sweet and hot read. Usually it's the bad boy with the tattoos that catches the eye of the perfect good girl, and in this case, totally reversed. 
Except the girl with the tattoos is the one holding back and the perfect good boy is the one that is totally accepting! Josh is really a great, great guy. Two kisses, one by accident, and one to make sure, and the next day, Josh calls off his engagement with his fiancee. As soon as he gets back from a long business trip he was sent on (during which they didn't talk), he gets back and courts Gia in earnest. And what a courting it is. The sex is incredibly hot. The emotions are so sweet. It's full of love, passion and kink. I think that's really about all I've got to say. It's a great, great read and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
***********************************************************************************
Even though I got this book on a promo sale I would absolutely pay full price for it and let me tell you why. It has amazing chemistry between the main characters, the writing is fantastic, the depth and emotion is superb, there's hot kinky sex and the main reason I loved it is because it's a "Friends to Lovers" story and that's just my ultimate weakness.

The tables are turned in Hidden Depths with Gia being the tattooed and pierced wild child. You usually see the guy in that role but she played it well. She's the girl who grew up on the more Urban side of town. The girl who runs her own tattoo shop and does her own thing despite what anyone else thinks.

Josh is the guy from the Silver Spoons side of life. A lawyer by trade with a Country Club membership, he's living his life by others standards. What his parents want for him, what his fiance Deborah expects of him. But he's itching to break out of that mold and live the way he wants.

Friends for almost a decade, Josh and Gia have always had a push and pull relationship that from the outside appears to be snarky and biting but underneath it all the two share an intense chemistry that has suffered by bad timing. Whenever one of them was single the other was taken and both chose to push their attraction down an ignore it. Although Josh is engaged his dreams are filled with naughty thoughts and ideas of what he'd like to do to Gia in the bedroom and his attraction finally hits a boiling point when he makes his move.

I'm usually the anti-cheating watch dog when it comes to reads like this but the author handled everything so well that it actually worked in favor of the main characters. Yes Josh was engaged and fooling around with Gia a little bit but for me, when you have characters who've been friends for so long and fighting an attraction like this, it's a no-brainer, really. It's not right by any means but the author cleared the air pretty quickly to open the path for her MC's and I loved that. This book worked for me so well I had to tell my friends to get it even though I was only at the halfway mark at the time. I would have loved to see more of Josh and Gia's first meeting in College and how that went and a little more background on Gia's home life but the connection between Josh and Gia didn't suffer at all without it so it's not really a big deal. I just want more Gia and Josh. There is a lot of hot chemistry and even hotter sex and those are two things I enjoy in my books very much. If you're looking for something sweet yet wicked hot then you owe this to yourself!
Source: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17236289-hidden-depths?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment