A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole


4.28  ·  Rating details ·  14,467 Ratings  ·  3,114 Reviews
A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole download or read it online for free
A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole
One kiss lasts a moment. But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime.One boy. One girl. A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade. A bond that neither time nor distance can break. A bond that will last forever. Or so they believe.When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation?Rune's heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come.A stand-alone young adult tearjerker romance, recommended for ages fourteen and up.

“Live hard, love harder. Chase dreams, seek adventures … capture moments. Live beautifully.”

“Why does it take a life ending to learn how to cherish each day? Why must we wait until we run out of time to start to accomplish all that we dreamed, when once we had all the time in the world? Why don’t we look at the person we love the most like it’s the last time we will ever see them? Because if we did, life would be so vibrant. Life would be so truly and completely lived.”

This is by far my most favorite of the novels I have written. It called me to write it over 18 months ago, but I resisted until I could resist no more. Poppy and Rune have taken my entire heart and soul with them on this journey, and I am forever changed by it. Moved by it. Inspired by it.

I hope you all love this novel as much as I loved bringing these beautiful characters to life.

Yes, it's a tearjerker. But it's so much more too. Take a chance on this story of young, but undeniable love, you won't be sorry.

Like Poppy says, "Always say yes to new adventures."

Much love and happy reading.


Reviews


     Kiss eight hundred and nineteen was the kiss that changed it all. The kiss that proved that a long-haired brooding boy from Norway and a quirky girl from the Deep South could find a love to rival the greats.

    It showed that love was simply the tenacity to make sure that the other half of your heart knew he, or she, was adored in every way. In every minute of every day. That love was tenderness in its purest form.


WOW. WOW. WOW!!!!!!

This was one of the most breathtakingly beautiful books I have EVER read in my entire life. HOLY FEELS. I cried my way through most of the book because almost every scene was filled with the most intense and powerful emotions you can imagine. The sheer, undying strength of the LOVE that Rune and Poppy shared overwhelmed me. I loved every single word of this book . And the ending was absolutely perfect for their story. This is one of those books that I know will stay with me forever and ever. I loved it with all my heart and HIGHLY RECOMMEND it to everyone as my first 6 STAR RATING of the year!!!

I'm exhausted. I've slept barely 2 hours. After I washed all the mascara tear streaks from my face, I went to bed thinking about this book. I fell asleep thinking about this book. I woke up thinking about this book. I can't stop thinking about this book. I keep replaying the story, the beautiful quotes, the powerful scenes over and over in my head. I can't get over how beautiful this book was. If there has ever been a single book that has EVER made me believe that REAL LOVE truly lasts forever and ever, THIS IS IT.

This is what it's about...
One kiss lasts a moment.
But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime.


One boy.
One girl.
A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade.
A bond that neither time nor distance can break.
A bond that will last forever.
Or so they believe.

When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation?

Rune’s heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come. 
     “She’s the love of my life. And I’m not walking away from her, even for a second.”


HOLY INTENSITY. There was more raw emotion in the first few chapters of this book alone than in most entire books I've read. I had tears in my eyes, my heart was pounding in my throat, I felt like I couldn't breathe because of how much I was feeling for this book. I alternated between crying and almost crying, falling in love and feeling overjoyed for the beauty of their fierce love for each other, and feeling broken-hearted for everything they were going through.

    I held her. I held her so tightly I thought she would ask me to let go. But she didn’t, and I wouldn’t. I didn’t dare let go, in case when I lifted my head she wasn’t here.
    I needed her to be here.
    I needed her to stay.


Every few chapters, I had to step away from the book to regain my composure. But even though I wanted to take breathers, I just as desperately needed to keep reading. I wanted more of their story while simultaneously wanting to stop time. No matter what, every time I picked the book back up again, I was crying within moments. On more than one occasion, I'd have to stop reading because I literally couldn't see the words any longer through my tears. AND I LOVED IT!! Could. Not. Stop. Reading.

I loved how much validity the author gave to young love. It's so often dismissed as 'you aren't ready yet' or 'you can't know what you want yet', but this book gave it power and strength. I'm a firm believer that you know when you fall in love -- forever love -- even if you find your soul mate when you're young.

    When he reached me, he didn’t touch the tear stains on my cheeks, as I left his untouched. Closing his eyes, he took my mouth in a kiss. And in this kiss I felt his outpourings of love. I felt a love, that at seventeen, I was blessed to have received.
    A love that knew no boundaries.


Poppy's strength was beyond powerful. And the fierce loyalty and strength with which Rune loved her was beyond intense. He loved this girl with all of his heart and soul and he was willing to do absolutely anything to make every moment of her life be filled with that love.

This book needs to be made into a movie. I could picture every scene so vividly in my mind as I read and it would easily make an incredible transition to screen. *sends up silent prayer to movie gods*

    Then she promised, “My kisses are all yours. No one else will ever have these lips but you.”
    I brushed my lips against her more time and echoed her words. “My kisses are all yours. No one will ever have these lips but you.”


I highly recommend this book with all my heart. Be prepared to ugly cry. Possibly more than once. I can almost guarantee that you'll be full-out sobbing at some point. But know that it is absolutely worth every single tear... because the ending was more beautiful than I could ever have imagined.

Heart-breaking, breathtaking, unforgettable, and profoundly beautiful, this book will stay in my heart a long time to come. More than anything, it truly made me believe in undying love -- the kind of love that endures the most intense pain imaginable, and still shines through forever and ever and ever.

    “You’ll stay by my side, won’t you?”
    Crouching down, I cupped her cheeks. “Forever.”


RATING: 6 STARS!!! Standalone romance.
***********************************************************************************


    Live hard, love harder. Chase dreams, seek adventures… capture moments. Live beautifully.


Every once in a while, you read a book that completely turns your world upside down. It happens every so often, and when it does, your heart is so full you feel like it could burst. I wish I could express how much this book impacted me, how much I felt while I read it, but the words to convey just how wonderful it was aren’t going to be enough. I guess I could quote Tillie herself and say that this book is as special as special can be . It’s one of those rare books that I want to give all the stars too! I loved it so much.
A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole Download or read online for free
A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole

Live hard, love harder. Chase dreams, seek adventures… capture moments. Live beautifully.

Every once in a while, you read a book that completely turns your world upside down. It happens every so often, and when it does, your heart is so full you feel like it could burst. I wish I could express how much this book impacted me, how much I felt while I read it, but the words to convey just how wonderful it was aren’t going to be enough. I guess I could quote Tillie herself and say that this book is as special as special can be . It’s one of those rare books that I want to give all the stars too! I loved it so much.
Tillie is a favorite of mine, and when I heard she had a new YA book coming out I jumped for joy! I love YA and I love her writing so I figured it would be a great read. I didn’t realize just how good it would be. I didn’t realize it would be the kind of book that moved me and captivated me.

Poppy and Rune meet when they are 5 years old. They are neighbors and they quickly become the best of friends. Poppy’s mamaw gives Poppy a jar when she’s just a kid. A jar to fill with kisses. 1000 boy kisses to be exact. Rune, even at a young age, decides he will be the one to give Poppy these kisses. It can’t be anyone else.  

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole download or read online for free
A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole

Rune and Poppy spend their childhood together and in love. Rune ends up having no choice but to go to his native country of Norway and to do the unthinkable… leave Poppy behind. No matter how temporary he can’t imagine ever leaving his girl.

This was Poppymin. the girl who would run to the blossom grove, laughing and dancing all the way… I couldn’t leave her. She couldn’t leave me. She needed me. I needed her.

No matter what this couple goes through, no separation, no silence, could ever stop them from being together. They were meant to be.

Rune and Poppy are both amazing characters. I loved Rune’s love and devotion for his Poppy. And Poppy… one of the best heroines I’ve ever read! She had the most fantastic attitude no matter what was happening in life. For such a young girl, she was someone I looked up to and admired.
Tillie Cole is one of my favorite authors. This is by far her best book yet. These two characters and their story are completely unforgettable. This story isn’t always easy to read. It’s not a light read. It’s heavy. I had tears rolling down my face more often than I did not. It was heartbreakingly beautiful, but by the end, I had the biggest smile on my face. I promise you it is worth every single tear you will shed. It isn’t a book you want to miss out on. This is going on that list of one of my top favorite books EVER! If you haven’t read it yet, don’t miss out!

“Poppy and Rune. Two halves of the same whole.”
***********************************************************************************
As I stared at Rune, I asked myself how I had gotten so lucky. I was loved by this boy, loved so fiercely that other loves paled in comparison.

I closed my eyes and replayed our lives in my mind. I remembered the times I hugged him and he hugged me harder. I remembered how I kissed him and he kissed me deeper. And best of all, I remembered how I would love him and he would always strive to love me more.  


Where do I begin to describe this incredible story???
Firstly, I’d like to give Tillie Cole a BILLION GIRL KISSES for creating the most beautiful love story I have read….EVER!!! I’d like to follow that up by stating that I also have a bone to pick with her because how can anything I read after this measure up!!??? I seriously don’t think it’s possible! This, in my honest opinion, is Tillie Cole’s MASTERPIECE . She has always been one of my top favorite authors, but after having read this GORGEOUS & HEARTBREAKING story, Tillie has definitely earned her place as my #1 FAVORITE AUTHOR!

I knew even before I read this book that it was YA, and I don’t have anything against this genre, but I mostly read NA and Adult Contemporary books. That being said, I think those of you who tend to steer clear from YA really need to forego that stance and pick this one up ASAP! Rune and Poppy are two of the most endearing and wonderful characters you will ever come across in your reading adventures. Their love for each other was so awe inspiring and it will make you wish that a love like this could come into your lives.

Tillie’s writing is beyond exquisite. I highlighted so much of this book and found it so hard to pick just one quote to add to my review. There were some quotes that were so breathtaking but to post them here, would possibly spoil the story and you definitely need to go into this one blind.

If I could shout it from the rooftops I would say - ”Drop whatever book you are reading and pick this one up!!” Make sure you have a box of tissues handy because the tears will start freely flowing!! Also download the song ”If I Could Fly” by One Direction. It is mentioned in the book and it gave me goosebumps while I was reading this amazing book.
This is definitely my FAVORITE Tillie Cole creation and this story is one I will carry in my heart for a long time to come. BEST OF 2016-17! BEST BOOK EVER!!! 
**********************************************************************************
This is a love story like no other and I hate/love it. God! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! What can I say to you people out there! My feelings are just shot! This book is so beautiful, so sad and just damn it.

Rune and Poppy met when they were 5 years old. Rune had just moved from Norway to Georgia and he hated it until that moment he met Poppy and everything became crystal clear. He met his best friend, his soul mate. But nothing lasts forever and I sure didn't see this one coming. I had my mind set on not finishing the book because I thought when they were separated at 15 that it would be just another "oh they are apart now and lets find other people and this was all meaningless". It wasn't like that, not like that at all. Did I mention is was the most beautifully, sad love story ever!

EXCERPT

"Rune," she said, her voice serious and strong, "you live right next door, and you're a Viking and I just love Vikings. I think we should be best friends."
"Best friends?" I asked.
Poppy nodded her head and pushed her hand further toward me. Slowly reaching out my own hand, I gripped hold of hers and gave it two shakes, like she'd shown me.
A handshake.
"So now we are best friends?" I asked, as Poppy pulled her hand back.
"Yes!" she said excitedly. "Poppy and Rune." She brought her finger to her chin and looked up. Her lips stuck out again, like she was thinking very hard. "It sounds good, don't you think? 'Poppy and Rune, best friends for infinity!'"


Just kill me now because you all have no idea!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

So Poppy's mamaw died when Poppy was 8 and she left Poppy and mason jar with little hearts in them so she could collect a thousand special boy kisses. She was to write them down on the hearts and have them for a lifetime to pass down to her children.

Rune and Poppy were in the blossom grove, Rune was comforting Poppy. Then Poppy told Rune about the jar her mamaw gave to her.

EXCERPT

He stared down at me, then at the jar. My chest hurt again; I could see he wasn't happy by the look on his face. He'd gone all moody again.
I stepped closer to my best friend, and Rune's eyes fixed on mine.
"Poppymin," he said, his voice deeper-hard and strong. "Poppymin! It means my Poppy. For infinity, forever and always. You're MY Poppy!"
I opened my mouth to shout back at him, to tell him this was an adventure I just had to start. But as I did, Rune leaned forward and suddenly pressed his lips to mine.
I froze. I couldn't move a muscle as I felt his lips against my lips. They were warm. He tasted like cinnamon. The wind blew his long hair over my cheeks. It started to tickle my nose.
Rune pulled back, but his face stayed near mine. I tried to breathe, but my chest felt funny, kind of light and fluffy. And my heart was beating so fast. So fast that I pressed my hand over my chest to feel it racing underneath.

•••••

"You kissed me," I whispered, stunned. Rune lifted his hand to hold mine. He lowered our joined hands by his side.
"I'll give you a thousand kisses, Poppymin. All of them. No one will kiss you ever, but me."

The story tells about Rune's love for photography and how he was going to college in New York because of said photography. Poppy played the cello and was going to college in New York because of said cello. They were going to be together living their dreams. They had friends, they had each other, they had a love that could match no other. And then... I will never tell you but for the love of all that is holy, it all changed and it's the most heart breaking thing I have read in a long time!
If you love unbelievable love stories, because there can't be love like that in this crappy world, then this story is for you. If you don't really want your heart broken and stomped on then it's probably not, but read it anyway! 
***********************************************************************************
If I could give this book a million stars I would. It’s legit one of my favorite reads of all time. 
I love Tillie Cole, but I’ll be honest I wasn’t expecting a book like this from her. I mean I love all her books, no matter what she is writing, so why I painted her in a box is beyond me. I mean I first fell in love with her writing in Sweet Home. Then I met her at a signing and put together that she had also written one of my favorite MC series, I know I am dense for not realizing this sooner. Then I read Raze and let me tell you, I LOVED THAT BOOK, I MEAN LOVED IT! That series has been my favorite from Tillie, until now. 
Rune and Poppy meet when they are five years old. Rune is from Norway and has a chip on his shoulder, even at five. Poppy is this fiery girl who already has this amazing love for life. She introduces herself to Rune and he is never the same, they are never the same.
At eight, Poppy’s grandmother gives her a jar of hearts that she is to fill with her most amazing, epic, meaningful kisses. Her new adventure is to obtain a thousand of these unique kisses in her life. Rune decides to claim all her kisses since no other guy will ever have his Poppy.

This story is YA so your first thought might be that their connection or love may be immature, that couldn’t be farther from the truth. I never got that vibe from Poppy and Rune. Despite their age, I felt their undeniable love from the beginning and it never let up. Their love story is something to be admired, I would go as far to say I would like to model some of myself after Poppy and Rune. 

This book just made me think and it made me feel if you have read my reviews for long I love a book that makes me want to change. I think we all have room for improvement in life. Like most people I want to be the best person I can be and this book reminded me that life is worth living. That love was worth the risk. That people deserve forgiveness and second chances. That true love is forever and unconditional.

A Thousand Boy Kisses is unique and I loved every minute. I loved the insane amount of emotions I felt because it means I was truly connected to the story and characters. Poppy and Rune are some of my favorite characters of all time and I won’t be forgetting them anytime soon. I have read over a thousand books in just a few years and I am sure I will read a thousand more, but I can promise you I will never forget this story. 

Source: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25912358-a-thousand-boy-kisses      



No comments:

Post a Comment